Monday 4 July 2011

My first post

Hi.


I set this blog up a few weeks ago but haven't had the guts to start writing until now. I guess I thought the first post should be really dynamic and interesting, but then I remembered the reason I created it in the first place and the pressure is off.


I created this blog for me. 


I have been living in London for almost 3 years now (with an 8 month break last year but that story for another time), and it's about time I started writing down what I'm getting up to so I can look back on this time of my life and remember why I'm here. I've always wanted to be a writer so this is my way of fulfilling that dream at the same time. Hopefully some people start reading this blog and enjoy what I have to say.


I'm from Melbourne, Australia and a lot of my friends thought it was weird that I moved to London when I had never even been here for a visit before. There are a lot of reasons that I moved here, and I'm so glad that I waited until I was 28 to do it - I feel like I can really appreciate being able to travel and live the lifestyle that I'm living - well, a lot more than an 18 year old would anyway!


At the moment the big things in my life are (in no particular order);

  • Looking for a new place to live
  • Looking for a better/more interesting job than the one I have now
  • Getting fit and shifting that last 12 kilos
  • Maybe meeting 'Mr right'
I want this blog to be a place that I can vent my frustrations, share my stories and record the events of my life on the other side of the world from 'home'.  I hope it makes for an interesting read for anyone out there who wants to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment