Thursday 7 July 2011

3 minutes!

I'm doing the couch to 5k program at the moment, and last night was run 1 of week 3. It consisted of alternating between 1.5 minute runs and 3 minute runs, with walking in between.

Week 2 was all 1.5 minute runs so I was doubling what I had previously been able to run, and I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it. I am extremely competitive with myself and failing at this would have been a real blow to my ego, and my motivation.

Well I decided to just give it a go, and I was able to do it!! I read on another blog that when you run it helps to imagine that you are pedalling a really small bike, and mimic that in your leg motion. I gave it a try and it actually worked, I felt like I had more energy and my knees weren't taking all the pressure any more, it felt more evenly spread over my ankles as well.

Tonight is a gym workout (I alternate between running and the gym to try and get a well rounded exercise routine), then tomorrow I'll go again for week 3, run 2.

I'm really starting to think 5k is achievable, I might just end up doing some proper runs one of these days.

In other news, I have finally found a new place to live. My house at the moment has 6 people, and only 1 bathroom. And the housemates are pretty messy. Actually, they're pigs. So I'm really excited that I have found another place, moving date is the 13th August. It seems far away but it's really not - in 2 weeks time I'm going away for 2 weeks and I'll get back the week before I move, so that gives me 2 weeks to find someone to take my room.

Anyone looking for a room in Putney? Actually after what I've just said I'm doubtful anyone reading this would want to live there!

No comments:

Post a Comment